So here's the recipe - make it yourself and impress the ladies! Never buy Alfredo Sauce from a bottle again!
Here we go:
- 2 - 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Your favorite rub (I used tarragon, mint, garlic powder, and marjoram). Some rosemary could also be nice.
- Smoke the chicken until done, wrap in foil and rest until the remaining sauce and noodles are done.
Grate a wedge of Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (I use minced garlic from a jar - it's so much easier)
- Couple of splashes of cheap white wine
Sautee this on a medium heat until the garlic is browned.
Get the noodles started - you can use spaghetti or angel hair - whatever you prefer. I add a splash of olive oil and salt to the water - the olive oil helps the noodles NOT stick together and the salt raises the specific gravity of the water for a higher boiling point so the noodles cook hotter.
You can see the garlic turning a bit brown as they cook.
Add in about 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream - that's right - Heavy Whipping Cream. This is a low fat recipe.
Once the Whole Whipping Cream comes to a boil - start adding in the grated Parmesan cheese - SLOWLY. Wait until the cheese you've already added in is already melted into the sauce before you add more!
The noodles should take between 8 - 10 minutes to cook and the sauce should finish up around the same time if you started to make the sauce as soon as you've added to noodles to the boiling water.
Go ahead and dice the chicken into small cubes while the sauce and noodles are cooking. Make sure someone is continuously stirring the sauce!