WARNING - this recipe is NOT low fat!!!
I like to use disposable 1/2 pans because they're easy to clean up (throw away) and can be used on the smoker, in the oven, or on the grill. They're also pretty cheap.
Here's the basic ingredients per 1/2 pan:
- 1lb of Large Elbow Macaroni
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tblspn of minced garlic
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tblspn of black pepper
- 1 tblspn of season salt
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar (or mixed cheddar / jack cheese)
- 2 cups of cubed cheddar
- about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
Boil the elbow macaroni until done.
In the disposable 1/2 pan add the garlic, butter, season salt, and pepper and place onto the grill. Mix until the butter is dissolved.
I added some chopped (cooked) hot links to the pan on the right.
- Add the macaroni
- Add the heavy whipping cream
- Add 4 cups of shredded cheese
- Mix until evenly blended
- Add 2 cups of cubed cheese and mix until cubes are evenly distributed
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly across the top
Place in the smoker (or oven) for 30 - 45 minutes @ 250F or until the cheese is bubbling a bit and the bread crumbs are dark brown.