Why would anyone want to make such a monster? Because you can AND it was really incredible! Also - July is National Hot Dog Month - do you really need any more reasons?!?
You can add just about anything you want to a fatty or bacon explosion. The list of potential ingredients are limited only by your imagination. I had a hankerin' for a chili cheese dog but we were on our way to a friend's house and they wanted me to bring an appetizer. I don't think this is what they had in mind but it blew them away and there was none left.
- Bacon - 2lbs of thick cut
- Sausage - 5 links of Italian Hot but you could also use 2 lbs of Jimmy Dean Spicy in the chub pack.
- Cheese - about 3 cups of shredded mild cheddar.
- Hot Dogs - 5 all beef dogs
- Chili - 1 can of no bean Hormel or similar chili
- Dry Rub - I used Sweet Mesquite but you can use whatever you prefer to add some flavor
Course shred the cheese and chop the hot dogs into small pieces. I didn't want to over chop the hot dogs but they could have been chopped a bit smaller. Mix with the can of chili.
Spinkle a heavy layer of dry rub on the bacon weave. Empty the sausage casings and layer onto the bacon weave about a 1/4" thick.
Get all of your ingredients in your Fatty Piston and extrude the stuffing onto the fatty.